What do you need to do and implement to create a happy workplace? Is their a magic formula? Or even better, does the word for “happiness at work” even exist in your language?!
Do you have a word for happiness at work in your language? It looks like we don’t in Dutch. Luckily the Scandinavian people do: it’s arbeidsglaede. ‘Arbeid‘ stands for ‘work’ and ‘glaede‘ for ‘happiness’. When you experience ‘Arbeidsglaede‘ you feel good at work.
According to them you will find ‘arbeidsglaede‘, if you focus on 2 things:
1) Results: when you do a good job and you are making a difference in meaningful work. (How to do this? Put the ‘progress principle‘ into action!)
2) Relationships: you like the people you work with. But how can you bond with your colleagues? Below some practical tips & tricks!
Start building happy relationships at work!
You can’t make your boss, co-workers, … responsible for your own happiness! The first step is knowing yourself better. What do you like/dislike, and apply these insights in your life.
Read more articles about happiness at work:
- Happiness Habit Magazine
- Boost happiness at work with the progress principle
- 10 Ideas to start a ripple effect of happiness at work
- We asked 6 inspirational authors for 1 tip to increase happiness at work
- 47 Ways of making yourself happier at work
- 5 Tips to make you feel happier at work
- 14 habit to trick your brain to feel happy at work