Happiness at work
One way of making yourself happier at work, is to treat yourself when running low on energy and happiness hormones. Research shows that when you get yourself a little treat, you gain self-control in the long run! It’s one of the ‘secrets of adulthood‘ Gretchen Rubin mentions: “If I give more to myself, I can ask more from myself.”
Treat yo self
But what are small, “healthy” treats that work? We asked the sales managers at Bpost to share their ‘treat-list’ with us!
Bpost Happy List
- Take a look at a funny video.
- Looking at family pictures.
- Compliment somebody.
- Help somebody.
- Checking out the growth figures of this month.
- Having a FIKA (coffee break) with my colleague.
- Putting on some hand creme.
- Fur therapy: petting my pet.
- Smelling something good.
- Getting sushi for lunch.
- Going out for lunch.
- A scroll through Facebook
- Going for a walk through my garden.
- A small piece of really good chocolate.
- Bike ride to work.
- A cup of tea in my favourite mug.
- Listening to my favourite music at work.
- Wearing my happy socks at work.
- Bring fresh flowers to the office.
- Doing ‘boring’ tasks while listening to a TED talk.
- Going on airbnb and making wish lists of places I’d like to stay.
- Buying something online.
- Searching for funny quotes on Pinterest
- Painting my nails during a break.
- Make water with lime and mint.
- Sending fun things to my colleagues.
- Checking my bank statements.
- Doing an online survey.
- Getting at work an hour before anyone else and leaving an hour earlier.
- Making my grocery list.
- Literrally crossing things of my to do list.
- Deleting e-mails.
- Flossing my teeth in the bathroom.
- Staring out of the window and watching the details of the view.
- Having some yoghurt with fresh fruit.
- A phone call to a friend.
- A coffee with drops of chocolate milk in it.
- Putting on some perfume.
- Eating a piece of fruit.
- Doing some stretch-exercises.
- Googling ‘cute animal pictures’.
- Listening to David Attenborough’s voice.
- Reading the news.
- Cleaning my desk.
- Throwing away old meeting notes.
- Going for a run during my lunch break.
- Skyping a colleague.
Didn’t found what your were looking for? Take a look at the video below and search for treats that are situated in your ‘happiness quadrant’!
What do you do when your energy levels are low to boost your happiness? Let us know in the comment section below!
Read more articles about happiness at work:
- Happiness Habit Magazine
- Charles Duhigg quotes about happiness at work
- Boost happiness at work with the progress principle
- 10 Ideas to start a ripple effect of happiness at work
- What is the word for happiness at work in your language?
- We asked 6 inspirational authors for 1 tip to increase happiness at work
- 47 Ways of making yourself happier at work
- 5 Tips to make you feel happier at work
- 14 habit to trick your brain to feel happy at work