The Habit Magazine
Happiness at work
Hi fellow habit lovers,
I am so happy to share with you our latest habit magazine on ‘happiness at work’.
In reflecting on my own deeply held thoughts about happiness, I discovered that I have a primarily Buddhist-like belief that happiness is about the understanding and avoidance of suffering. It comes down to this naive and under-developed idea that if I could make all the stresses, the anxieties, traffic, micro-managing clients and non-stop pinging of smartphone notifications go away, I would be happy. Or that worst case I can meditate my way (as I do, 20 minutes a day) out of being affected by these stressors and still be happy.
Turns out the above-mentioned 2 approaches haven’t changed me into an always-smiling buddha just yet. 😉
So it’s about time we investigate this fuzzy matter of happiness in our usual pragmatic and habit-focused way!
What you will discover in this magazine:
- Habits for bonding with your colleagues.
- Habits on ’embracing the suck’.
- How to be the boss that makes them happy?
- A deep dive into finding your purpose at work.
- How to boost your happiness hormones?
- Tips from happiness experts from all over the world (Gretchen Rubin, Adam Grant, Daniel Gilbert, Neil Pasricha, …).
Hope we’ll be able to inspire you to pick up a new happiness habit too!